The High Sheriff’s Awards for Enterprise 2018/19, Cheshire’s most prestigious business awards, are now open for entries.
The Awards offer thousands of pounds worth of prizes, as well as access to a network of support across Cheshire and a promotional opportunity for local businesses.
The winners will be announced at a presentation evening on March 28, 2019 in the stunning surroundings of Chester Racecourse. Guests will include business leaders, sponsors, judges and the finalists.
- The winner of the High Sheriff’s Award for Enterprise, sponsored by White Oak UK, will receive a free place for one of its appropriately qualified managers on the award-winning MBA programme, worth £10,000, at the University of Chester.
- The winner of the new High Sheriff Design Award, sponsored by Donald Insall Associates, will receive a fantastic bespoke prize of a two-week long intensive training course in 3D computer-aided design.
- Winners of the High Sheriff’s Award for Responsible Business Practice, sponsored by Warrington & Co, Mornflake Oats Award for Innovation and the Roberts Bakery Family Business Award of Excellence will win £3,000 each.
- The winner of the Best Apprentice Award, sponsored by Barlows Electrical, will win £1,000, and the winner of the Micro Enterprise Award, sponsored by Boodles, will take home £2,000.
The winner of the Cheshire Business Exporter of the Year, sponsored by the West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce and Click Consult, will win a two-day strategic review of their organisation.
- The winner of the Cheshire Business Leaders Awards for Outstanding Cheshire and Warrington Business Leader and Cheshire and Warrington Entrepreneur of the Year will win membership of Cheshire Business Leaders worth £500.
The current High Sheriff of Cheshire, Alexis Redmond, said: “As High Sheriff of Cheshire for 2018/19 I am so pleased to lead this year’s High Sheriff’s Awards and am looking forward to acknowledging and celebrating the success and valued contribution of many businesses across the county.”
Professor Phil Harris, Executive Director of the University of Chester’s Business Research Institute, said: “Cheshire, Warrington and Halton have a tremendous range of businesses and these Awards celebrate the wide breadth and diversity of some wonderful companies, people and businesses that make up our regional economy.
“We look forward to welcoming the winner of the MBA programme and offering them the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of studying at the University of Chester.”
Thanks to significant contributions, the Awards represent one of the highest values of any competition of its kind in the county. Sponsors include: the University of Chester;White Oak UK; Donald Insall Associates; Warrington & Co; Mornflake; Roberts Bakery; Click Consult; Barlows Electrical; Boodles; West Cheshire & North Wales Chamber of Commerce; Cheshire Business Leaders; Cheshire East Council; Cheshire West and Chester Council; Halton Borough Council; Cheshire & Warrington LEP; Ellis & Co; Chester Racecourse; Marketing Cheshire; Trinity Mirror Cheshire; Chester Business Club; Airbus; Knights; DTM Legal; and Barclays.
For more information visit www.cheshirehsae.co.uk and download an entry form.
The closing date for entries is Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
Further information can be obtained from Sally Williamson, Business Research Institute, email@example.com or telephone 01244 512888.